Sunday, September 14, 2008

Old Games new ways

I have a Nintendo DS videogame system. It was a gift from my wife a few Christmases ago and I love it. I am a self-confessed videogame nerd so I love the idea of having a portable videogame system that plays some really great games, and and also looks cool. Recently I purchased a game for my DS called "Clubhouse Games." This is a game that is a compilation of 42 card, board, and standard traditional games such as bowling or darts. Its a simple game compared with the high intensity of a shooting game, or a multi-leveled 3-d platformer like super mario 64. despite its simplistic nature, i find myself playing it a lot. Its simplicity is really what makes it so fun. I can relax for ten minutes and play a game of hearts, or Chinese checkers, or I can play a version of Blackjack or Texas hold-em when i feel the need to remind myself how unlucky I am at cards. Either way, the game is a winner, I enjoy it and although I will go back to the crazy advanced games, I will always love playing that same game of solitare that my mother taught me years ago. Thankfully I am able to play it while laying back in my easy chair.

No comments: