Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The quicker-picker upper

I Love coffee. I think it may be my favorite drink...ever. I'm kinda hedging my bets because i may have another drink that i am forgetting that I love more. Let me think about this.
...Okay, Coffee has been the most consistent think i have drank (other than water and milk) for the whole of my life. I have been on stretches where i drink a lot of soda, juice or tea (hot and iced both) but i think Coffee has been the anchor. Is it odd that i get excited that there's a fresh pot of coffee waiting for me in the morning? even during the evening, when i find myself waiting something after supper, coffee is usually my first choice. I love that it's easy to make, and yet so delightful. I love that since I don't drink it with sugar of cream (usually), I can drink many cups with only paying a few calories. I love that i can sit with the cup and nurse it, til it gets to be that perfect temperature then I slug it down like a shot. I love that it smells wonderful. I love that its not sweet. Its a little like life: constant, warm, perpetual. It also can be missed if you don't spend the time to appreciate it. so go pour yourself a cup, and enjoy it.

No comments: